So tomorrow is the big day. It wasn't supposed to be. Tomorrow, 15 November would've been a regular old Saturday where I get up, smiling with the possibilities of what I can do with 2 days before returning to work. However, about 11 days ago I made the decision to leave the job I was in (on paper, a very very good one), that was not particularly satisfying for me. I already had a trip planned to the UK and Europe, starting on 16 January 2015, so upon deciding to leave my job, my supporting and understanding husband agreed that I go on my trip early to make use of the extra time I'd have on my hands. Yes, I am going solo.
So here I am, 23 hours and 45 minutes before my flight leaves Cairns for Hong Kong (7 hours), where I will enjoy a 7.5 hour break (thanks Qantas Club and whatever Cathay lounges I can get into with my Qantas Frequent Flyer membership) before flying 12.5 hours on to Heathrow!
I'm not a particularly spontaneous person by nature, mostly because my background in project management has dictated tonnes of planning, risk evaluation, budget preparation blah blah blah, but I'm super excited that I did something I've always wanted to do; quit my job and go travelling. Sure it's just for a month, but hey.. when was the last time you did something for the first time?
I'd say wish me luck, but I reckon I've got this travelling thing in the bag (I hope!)..
My next post will be on the flipside (of the planet!).
Cheers!
xK
So here I am, 23 hours and 45 minutes before my flight leaves Cairns for Hong Kong (7 hours), where I will enjoy a 7.5 hour break (thanks Qantas Club and whatever Cathay lounges I can get into with my Qantas Frequent Flyer membership) before flying 12.5 hours on to Heathrow!
I'm not a particularly spontaneous person by nature, mostly because my background in project management has dictated tonnes of planning, risk evaluation, budget preparation blah blah blah, but I'm super excited that I did something I've always wanted to do; quit my job and go travelling. Sure it's just for a month, but hey.. when was the last time you did something for the first time?
I'd say wish me luck, but I reckon I've got this travelling thing in the bag (I hope!)..
My next post will be on the flipside (of the planet!).
Cheers!
xK
There is no keeping calm!!!!!! Have a ball, Kel; I can't wait to read all about your adventures and live vicariously (until it's my turn again...)!!
ReplyDelete"I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow and each road leads you where you want to go."
Travel safe xx